Ranging from the dawn of prehistory, through the great ancient empires, to the beginning of the Renaissance, this unique online resource explores history in every corner of the globe.
- More than 8,500 primary and secondary sources, including selections from the Code of Hammurabi, the Edict of Milan, and Marcus Aurelius’s The Meditations
- More than 1,500 biographies of important figures such as Alexander the Great, Confucius, William the Conqueror and Eleanor of Aquitaine
- Era Stories, such as Athens and Sparta, Alexander's Legacy, The Mongol Empire, and The Black Death
- An "Analyze" section that prompts inquisitive critical thinking by presenting intriguing questions
- Regularly updated feature stories that draw connections between the history being made today and its ancient and medieval origins